Call for application: SUNY Model EU 2021
Brussels School of Governance is looking for two teams of five talented and ambitious people among its current students to partake in the SUNY Model European Union 2021 simulation.
The Model EU simulation combines over 120 university students from across Europe and the United States to discuss and debate relevant European Union issues. Because of the current circumstances, SUNY Model EU 2021 will be held as a virtual event.
The event will take place over two weekends: April 10-11, and April 17-8, 2021. Synchronous meetings will be held from 10.00-13.00 (New York time) on each of those four days.
Each team represents an EU member state with the following roles:
- Prime minister: head of cabinet and leads other minister in executive governmental decisions
- Foreign Affairs Minister: responsible for the oversight of diplomacy, defense, and development of its member state to the EU
- Minister of Finance: responsible for the management and representation of economic, fiscal, and financial policy at both EU and global levels
- Ambassador to the EU (COREPER): sets the agenda for EU policy discussion for different Council configurations and creates agreements and compromises between the EU members in order for latter adoption by the Council
- Member of the Press: Writes and reports on updates of the different councils’ discussions in order to release information via media to the public and maintain EU transparency
As in the previous years, BSoG students of all four majors (IA, Business, Communications and Law) in at least their second yearof university are welcomed to apply. VeCo MA students are also welcomed to apply.
How to participate?
Interested students should prepare a motivation letter and an updated CV (including current GPA). The motivation letter should outline the reasons and motivations for applying, the student’s qualifications and what the student would bring to the team in terms of skills. Prior participation to the SUNY Model EU or similar simulations will be considered a plus.
The deadline for applications is November 15th. Shortlisted candidates will be notified as of November 20th to schedule an interview the following week. Chosen students will undergo 2-3 training sessions prior to the simulation.
Please submit your application using the following google form: https://forms.gle/mJd2snx5raXM2HdY8
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Professor Tercovich (email@example.com) adding ‘SUNY 2021” in the subject line.
Best of luck!