As a Projects and Finance Controller at Brussels School of Governance (BSoG) of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), your role will be twofold. On the one hand, you act as a contact person between the BSoG academic staff and the central services of the VUB (Research & Development, European Liaison Office, TechTransfer, Finance department, etc.) during the different stages of the project life cycle. On the other hand, you will monitor the finances of the project, you instruct the team to keep them on track, and maintain the relationship with the funding agency or institution.
In this context, you support the Finance Officer and the BSoG management in the preparation and follow-up of the budget. You work under the direction of the Executive Director.
As a Projects and Finance Controller, you will:
- act as contact person for all financial questions from BSoG management or personnel;
- facilitate the communication and administrative follow-up with relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- In conjunction with the financial officer, follow-up on financial transactions of projects;
- prepare and submit financial reports;
- ensure that timesheets are submitted in a correct and timely manner;
- prepare for internal or external audits;
- invoice project-related costs;
- initiate and coordinate quarterly budget checks for grants and service contracts;
- Keep an up-to-date overview of all projects on different platforms;
- Prepare and provide data for the annual report, strategic plan, budget, etc.
- contribute to the improvement of internal financial procedures.
The application deadline is 30 January 2023.