Wednesday 22 November 09.00-12.00: EU-Korea Business Forum
This Business Forum aims build on the momentum generated by the ASEM and EU-Korea Summits on 18-19 October. It will further promote business exchanges between Europe and South Korea by exploring the investment environment in Korea. This will involve a consideration of a range of sectors combined with an assessment of the country’s approach to intellectual property rights.
In addition to the opening remarks by Ambassador Hyoung-zhin Kim and ECCK President Christoph Heider, the forum will include three presentations looking at Korea’s investment conditions from different perspectives, followed by a moderated panel discussion. The forum’s audience will be primarily composed of European and Korean business groups. There will be ample opportunity for networking.
Please find the preliminary programme below:
- 09:00 – 09:30 | Registration and coffee
- 09:30 – 09:35 | Opening remarks by Ambassador Hyoung-zhin Kim
- 09:35 – 09:40 | Welcoming remarks by Christoph Heider, President of the ECCK
- 09:40 – 10:00 | Presentation by Francoise Lewalle, Foreign Attorney at Kim & Chang, Seoul
- 10:00 – 10:20 | The EU-Korea FTA and its implications for EU-Korea relations by Maximilian Ernst, KF-VUB Korea Chair PhD Candidate at the Institute for European Studies (IES), Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- 10:20 – 10:40 | Coffee break
- 10:40 – 11:00 | Presentation by Jang Hee Lee, Director General at Korea Trade Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA)
- 11:00 – 11:20 | Presentation by Sven-Erik Batenburg, Director Legal and International Affairs at ECCK
- 11:20 – 11:55 | Q&A session (Moderated by Sven-Erik Batenburg)
- 11:55 – 12:00 | Closing remarks by President Christoph Heider
Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to welcoming you!