This Undergraduate Summer Programme is organised from 30 May to 15 July 2022.
Situated in Brussels, the ‘Capital of Europe’, the Brussels School of Governance offers you a unique summer experience. Lasting 7 weeks, the Summer Programme provides you with about a dozen English-taught courses you can choose from, relating to topics as broad as art & culture, business, communication & media, management, politics and international affairs. Moreover, participants get the opportunity to experience and explore the best of European culture and travel!
Students have the choice to take this Summer Programme either with or without credits. You may register for a maximum of 2 courses (6 ECTS per course). Any combination is possible! Both obvious ones, like 'Human Rights and International Criminal Law' and 'The EU’s Approach to Democratisation and Human Rights', and less obvious ones, like 'European Cinema' and 'The Belgian Brewery Industry in a Global Context'. In the latter course, the famous Belgian beer industry is taken as a multi-faceted case study for studying core business processes and international market developments. On top of that, you will also get the possibility of learning the nuts and bolts of the beer brewing process yourself!
Another great thing about this Summer Programme is that you can also choose an internship as one of your two selected courses. Then you will actually be able to acquire working experience with one of our selected internship partners!
The Brussels School of Governance is an alliance between the Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel) and Vesalius College. This Undergraduate Summer Programme is organised by Vesalius College.
The list of courses includes:
- Academic Internship (We place you with one our 50+ partners)
- The Belgian Brewery Industry in Global Context
- Cyber Security in Management
- Global Sustainability and Society
- A Critical Introduction to International Criminal Law and Practice
- Law and Ethics in the Age of Technological Disruption
- The EU’s Approach to Democratisation and Human Rights
- History and Politics of the Modern Middle East
- The European Union in the World
To be eligible, a secondary school diploma is required. Admission is decided on a case-by-case basis.
A good command of the English language is required. Results of an English proficiency examination are mandatory for students who have studied for less than 3 years in a secondary school or less than 2 years in a university with English as the language of instruction. The school accepts official scores of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the Academic Module of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or the Cambridge English examinations, levels Advanced (C1 Advanced) and Proficiency (C2 Proficiency). Applicants must ask the agency to send score reports directly to the Brussels School of Governance. For the TOEFL, use the school code 3574.
Brussels School of Governance / Vesalius College students
|20 May 2021|
Study Abroad students
|20 May 2021|
A student visa is not required to attend our Summer Programme. In most cases, a tourist visa is sufficient for attendance. However, students must have a valid identity card or passport.
If you are interested in applying for our Undergraduate Summer Programme beyond these dates, please contact our Admissions Office (for external students) or our Study Abroad Office (for Study Abroad students), who will advise you on your options.
Study Abroad students
Study Abroad students
Study Abroad students (Partner Institutions and Non-Partner Institutions) who wish to participate in the Summer Programme must apply through the online Study Abroad Application Form.
Students who want to do an internship during the summer must complete TWO Application Forms (one for the Summer Programme and one for the Internship). Please check the BA internship programme page of our website for more information on the internship regulations for Study Abroad students.
(External student: i.e. a student who has been accepted to the fall or spring semester, or a student who wishes to take summer courses as a non-degree-seeking student). To be eligible, a secondary school diploma and good command of the English language is required. Admission is decided on a case-by-case basis. The deadline to apply is 7 May 2021.
Applications for admission consist of:
- A completed Summer programme application form
- Official academic credentials and transcripts (showing courses and grades) from your most recently attended secondary school or university, including public examination results (note: if the credentials and transcripts are not in English, Dutch, French or German, we require a certified translation by a sworn translator and accompanied by the document in the original language)
- A non-refundable application fee of 50 EUR, to be deducted from the tuition upon registration.
- A photocopy of your passport, identity card or other official document showing your personal details
- Results of an English proficiency examination are required for students who have studied for less than 3 years in a secondary school or less than 2 years in a university with English as the language of instruction (see Language requirements section above)
Admission to the Summer Programme does not constitute admission to the Brussels School of Governance as a regular student for either the fall or spring semesters. The School reserves the right to cancel courses that do not meet the minimum enrolment numbers.
The Brussels School of Governance will provisionally reserve a place for new students in the courses indicated on their application form. If new students do not confirm their place(s) by registering during the first week of classes, their registration will automatically be cancelled.
For continuing students as well as for external students, the tuition fee per course (6 ECTS) is 1300 EUR.
Study Abroad students should get in touch with their Study Abroad Officer to enquire about tuition fees.
If you are a Study Abroad Officer from a partner university, please contact us to learn more about discounts available to your students.
Have a question about the programme? Get in touch with us!
Have a question? A remark? Want to know more about our Undergraduate Summer Programme? No problem, ask us your questions via the Contact Form on this website, or drop us a line and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can: