The Study Abroad programme offers students a unique academic and cultural experience through the opportunity to earn credits towards their degree at partner universities around the world. Why is studying abroad important?
- To improve your knowledge of a foreign language: In a global marketplace, foreign language and intercultural communication skills are indispensable for professional success. Studying abroad provides you with the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in a new language and culture, and there is no better way to learn!
- To develop new skills and interests: Through your study abroad experience, you will encounter unfamiliar situations and will learn how to adapt and react in effective ways. You will also find many new activities and interests which you might never have discovered otherwise.
- To network on a global level: Expand your circle of friends and potential future professional contacts by interacting with local students and professors, as well as with other international students.
- To learn about yourself: Being in a new country by yourself helps you to discover who you really are whilst gaining an understanding of different cultures and beliefs. After your study abroad experience, you will be able to see your own culture and beliefs from different perspectives.
- To bring fresh air into your academic routine: Studying in a different university in a different country gives you access to different teaching and learning styles and the chance to take courses not offered at your home campus.
The Brussels School of Governance is an alliance between the Institute for European Studies (Vrije Universiteit Brussel) and Vesalius College. The Study Abroad programme is organised by Vesalius College.
News about the programme
Our current partners are from North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Oceania:
List of our current partners
- Auburn University – Alabama, USA
- Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin, USA
- Birmingham Southern College – Alabama, USA
- Chatham University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- College of State Island – New York, USA
- Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Georgia, USA
- Doane College – Nebraska, USA
- Hawai’i Pacific University, Honolulu, Hawai’i, USA
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges – New York, USA
- Marymount University, Arlington, Virginia, USA
- Oglethorpe University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- State University of New York (SUNY, all New York campuses), New York, USA
- The American University of Washington – Washington DC, USA
- University of Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA (incoming only)
- University of Hawaii at Hilo, Hilo, Hawaii, USA
- University of Illinois Springfield, Springfield, Illinois, USA
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi, USA
- University of Memphis – Tennessee, USA
- University of Missouri – Missouri, USA
- The American University of Rome, Rome, Italy
- Dublin Business School, Dublin, Ireland
- IE University, Madrid/Segovia, Spain
- International University of Monaco, Monte-Carlo, Principality of Monaco
- Koç University, Istabul, Turkey
- New Anglo-American University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Richmond, The American University of London, London, United Kingdom
- Saint Louis University Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- UBIS University – Geneva, Switzerland
- University of Derby – Derby, UK
- University of Ljubljana – Ljubljana, Slovenia
- University of Lower Silesia, Wroclaw, Poland
- CESA Business School, Bogotá, Colombia
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterey, (All Mexican campuses), Mexico
- ITESO Universidad Jesuita de Guardalajara, Guardalajara, Mexico
- Universidad de Ciencias Empresariales y Sociales, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Universidad de Especialidades Espíritu Santo, Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola, Lima, Peru
- Universidad Casa Grande – Ecuador
- Akita International University, Yuwa, Akita-city, Japan
- Chonbuk National University, Jeonbuk, South Korea
- DY Patil University – India
- Hallym University, Chuncheon, South Korea
- Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics, Nanchang, China
- Kansai Gaidai University, Osaka, Japan
- Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea
- Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
- Peking University – HSBC Business School, Shenzhen, China
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Beppu, Japan
- Shanghai Lixin University of Commerce, Shanghai, China
- Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) – Singapore
- University of Nottingham, Ningbo, China
- Waseda University – Japan
- Bond University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
If you are interested in setting up an international collaborative institutional partnerships with the Brussels School of Governance, please contact the Study Abroad Office: email@example.com – T +32 2 614 81 70.
The application procedure differs according to the type of institution at which the student wishes to study abroad, and their connection to the Brussels School of Governance. Please choose the relevant option below:
- Our students interested in studying abroad must be either in the second semester of their second year or in the first semester of their third year.
- It is possible to study in BOTH of the aforementioned terms for a total of one full year abroad.
- Interested students must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or higher. Students interested in attending Kansai Gaidai in Japan must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Students must have a good academic standing with no conduct violations on their record.
The Brussels School of Governance has an established network of strong collaborative partnerships based on a common vision and shared goals. Click here to see our current partners universities.
Our Study Abroad Office is responsible for the establishment, management and development of strategic international partnerships.
If you are interested in establishing a collaborative partnership with our School, contact directly our Study Abroad Office: firstname.lastname@example.org – T +32 2 614 81 70
After an informative interview on Skype, the team will guide you through the two steps of the application process:
- Partnership Collaboration Request
- Draft Proposal
These documents have been designed to help us distinguish common goals, discuss projects and assess their impact and feasibility.
Have a question about the programme? Get in touch with us!
Have a question? A remark? Want to know more about our Study Abroad programme for outgoing students? No problem, ask us your questions via the Contact Form below (in the Program of Interest field, select 'Study Abroad - Outgoing Students), or drop us a line and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can: